Google+ Running in Cork, Ireland: Noelle Lenihan & Orla Barry from Cork win medals at the IPC Parlympic Games in Doha

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Noelle Lenihan & Orla Barry from Cork win medals at the IPC Parlympic Games in Doha

Following on from Niamh McCarthy's recent Bronze medal at the IPC Paralympic Athletics World Championships in Doha, two more athletes from Cork have gotten into the medals as well.



On Monday, 15 year old Noelle Lenihan from Charleville won silver in the F38 discus and also managed to set a new world record. After her throw of 31.64m, Noelle said..."I got a PB, world record and silver medal in my first major championship. I turn 16 in a few days time so naturally I’m going to gain more experience and improve my explosive power which can only result in further improvement. But for today I’m delighted!"

On Tuesday, Orla Barry from Ladysbridge won bronze for Ireland in the F57 discus.

Noelle Lenihan & Orla Barry

No comments: