Google+ Running in Cork, Ireland: Cork BHAA FMC 4 mile results...

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Cork BHAA FMC 4 mile results...

The results of the Cork BHAA FMC Little Island 4 mile road race are now available. It looks like they had problems on the day with people leaving the finishing chute and people getting the incorrect times.

They issued the following statement..."You will see that there are 429 times but only 421 runners recorded at the end of the funnel. A total of 8 people left the funnel prematurely (some in spite of being asked to remain until their numbers were recorded). The result of this is that a lot of runner’s times do not correspond with their actual times. It is in everybody’s interest that this practice should not continue into the future. If it does then we have to seriously consider if it is worthwhile going to the trouble of timing our events......Yours, The BHAA Committee."

The full results are HERE

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I finished in the top 25 so congestion was not an issue, but yet i am not recorded on the finishing list. The guy i crossed the line with is on the list but i am not. We both gave our names and numbers together as we passed both guys recording the runners in the finishing chute. So from my point of view i did everything i was supposed to do. The guys taking the names/numbers at the end made a mess of recording my time, it was not that i left the chute early.
Not saying that people behind me did not leave the chute early, but it is frustrating to read that the mistakes were due to the runners and not the stewards-when in my case, it was the stewards that were at fault.No harm done either way, anyone can make a mistake, but agree it must be a nightmare for the stewards if people do not stay in line at the end.

Anonymous said...

When I passed the line I continued right through to the end of the funnel, my number was taken but I don't think my name was. I noticed my time is out by a few minutes. I didn't notice anyone around me leaving the queue early. I can't see how people leaving the queue early would have times out by a few minutes.
No real issue but maybe this is worth mentioning based on the above comment and the statement by the BHAA.

Anonymous said...

As the number of runners keep increasing, wouldn't it be best for everybody (BHAA stewards and runners) to use chips for such big races?